Your Pet Food Bank
Dawson Radford are now proud to be a donation station for Your Pet Food Bank
Founded in April 2021, Your Pet Food Bank (YPFB) has been working hard with the help of volunteers to help individuals in our local areas who may be struggling with financial hardship through any number of reasons.
Their work is dedicated to delivering pet food and other necessary supplies to churches, food banks and community centres.
You can help by donating pet food at our drop off station here in the office, or you can make a cash donation through this link on their website Donate | Sheffield Pet Food Bank (yourpetfoodbank.co.uk)
Who do they help?
- Food Banks – They work closely to support food banks to ensure that all of their donations reach those in the community who need their help the most. The majority of food donations go to food banks, who are then able to provide pet food to anyone accessing their centres.
- Community Centres – They also are happy to support local community centres who give back to their local and wider communities. Many of these centres know of the individuals in their area who need help the most andWorking alongside our local Salvation Army centres, we are able to support vulnerable people in the community who access them for help and support. are able to provide pet food to anyone they know that is in need.
- Small Animal Charities – Where possible, YPFB like to give back to smaller charities. If they have excess food, items that cannot be used or if they simply know of a small rescue that is struggling, they try to help and give back where we can.
So far, donations have been made to; Pet Samaritans ᛫ Friends of Ferals ᛫ Cat-Ching ᛫ Save a Stray ᛫ Marley’s Ferret Rescue ᛫ Thornberry Animal Sanctuary ᛫ Helping Yorkshire Poundies ᛫ Sturton-upon-Stow ᛫ Bedlam Wildlife Rescue ᛫
- The Salvation Army – Working alongside local Salvation Army centres, they are able to support vulnerable people in the community who access them for help and support.
- Private Referrals – As the YPFB name spreads, more referrals are coming through from social workers and other professionals who are aware of clients with additional needs that are unable to directly access food banks due to disability.
- Self-Referral – As they continue to grow, Your Pet Food Bank has launched a “drop in hub” for people to access temporary relief without the need to be referred by a professional. People can drop in, fill out a form and receive an emergency pet food parcel. This is located in Darnall, Sheffield and runs every Tuesday.
Our office is open 9am-5pm Monday to Friday for donations to be dropped off, no appointment needed.